The decision of the government to
move some departments from Batavia to Bandung was a big
impulse for the development of the city. First, in 1914, the
War Department was transported, and later in 1920 the
Department of Government buildings (Gedung Sate)
Sate (Satay Building).
of the special decoration on the roof, with somewhat
resemblance to with a stick of sate, the building was known as
Gedung Sate. It
was built with total cost 6
million gulden. This is the first building that constructed by
concrete technology in Indonesia.
Sate Complex in 1925
the beautiful shaped building-complex, by design of the
architect J. Gerber (1921), both elements of western and
eastern architecture were assimilated.You can see Gedung Sate
is the only one big building around its area in 1925.
Sate View From Back
photo was taken from Cimanuk street in the back of Gedung
Front of Gedung Sate in 1925 (left) and 1999 (right)
photos was taken from Diponegoro Street in the front of Gedung
Sate Complex and Gasibu Square
Square, in the front of Gedung Sate, is the place for every
official ceremonial of West Java Province Government.